Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Clips from Class - Veteran's Day

2nd Period:
Since today is Veteran's day, I had a warm up for the kids that explained what it was and where it originated from and then we talked about what veterans were and why they are being celebrated. Overall, the conversation was quite interesting and focused. Here's a snippet from the discussion.

Mrs. SL: So what is a veteran?
Kid that may or may not be in MS-13 raises his hand
Mrs. SL: Yes?
Kid that may or may not be in MS-13: People that wear green.
Mrs. SL thinking in head: Did I say veteran? Or perhaps I said leprechaun?
Loud other student: No, dumbass, she didn't say what is a leprechaun!!

Don't you love it when the students say exactly what you are thinking?

4th period:
This period is notorious for being quite misbehaved. It's a small class that in this situation generally works at a disatvantage to me. They are so chatty and comfortable that it drives me crazy! Anyway - don't ask me how this conversation got started but it did, it may have originated from talking about imperialism, at least I'd like to think so.

Adorable but Obnoxious Male Student: Who is that Spanish guy on the Food Network?
Mrs. SL: WHat Spanish guy? There is no one.
Hipster kid in back: You mean Emeril?
Mrs. SL: Ew, Emeril sucks.
AOBS: Yeah, he looks like Oxyclean guy.
Mrs. SL: You mean Billy Mays?
AOBS: Yeah man.
Loud ass girl in back: What?!
Mrs. SL: It was sad when he died
**at this point there was some eruption of conversation about the Mr. Clean cartoon guy that I tried to tune out as I was passing out papers.
Loud ass girl in back: Wait - Oxyclean guy died? With the beard?
AOBS: What? OXYCLEAN BEEN DEAD! FOR REAL! (at the top of his lungs across the room)

I could not stop laugh for a solid two minutes. Tears were streaming down my face.

Hopefully 7th period goes well!

Love,
Mrs. SL

1 comment:

  1. LOL - "Kid that may or may not be in MS-13" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA. You are too funny.

    ReplyDelete