Thursday, October 22, 2009

What is a Slogan?

Today in class we are working on creating bumper stickers about Progressive Reforms. I was explaining to one bright student what a slogan was by using the example of Fischer Price: "Play, Laugh, Grow" and then I also gave her the example of Burger King: "Have it your way!" and then we also used some examples in class of actual bumper stickers supporting a cause.

Their topic was dealing with adversity for African Americans and major players in their problem were Booker T. Washington and W.E.B. DuBois, who both were major proponents of education. The girl shouted out with such enthusiasm:

"Oh, I know. Read, Write, Draw!"

I almost peeded myself laughing. Thought I'd share with you all.

I had to share this gem even though it's my second post of the day.

Sincerely,
Mrs. SL

No comments:

Post a Comment